That book on the shelf

Sunday, January 30, 2011

You know when you checked out that book from the library and it's been sitting on your shelf for about a month and a half, and then one day you decide to actually read the book... Then two days later it's due. Story of my life. 

I let the books sit around for a while, until I get tired of wondering what they are actually about, and actually read them, then I find out that I'll have to wait even longer, because the library is demanding the return of that book that's been sitting on my shelf for so long.

But then, I begin you actually read the book that I got just that week, and discover, that there is so much more the discover then what I have just discovered. If that made any sense whatsoever.

There are a few things that I utterly love at the moment. Here are just a few of them:

I love staying up late reading writing books, because it makes me laugh at the fact that I'm so weird.

I love smiling so hard that it feels irregular not to smile.

I love revising books. I reminds me how endless those november days seemed when I tried so hard to get my 1667 words a day, and that feeling when I finally got 50,000.

I love pretending that I'm a famous writer with Krista (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before), because it makes me laugh, and because it keeps me writing.

I love laughing, because truly, everyone should do it.

I love snorting because the laughter just doesn't come because the girls on TV are freaking out over Justin Bieber (I'm not even sure if I spelled that right... or is it Beiber? I'm pretty sure it's Bieber... but really, what do I know? haha, I just wrote something that I wrote in my book... back to what I was saying...), and me and my sister can't help but laugh because, really, It's so stupid.

I love Anne Mazer, who is one of the writers of my very favorite writing books, Spilling Ink, because she makes me laugh, and laugh for a good reason, and because she is a true writer.

I also love writing... I know, it's a complete shocker.

And I also love you, because you just read this utterly stupid post, but really I discovered that I'm just writing for myself here, and I truly don't mind that you're falling asleep. But if you just so happen to be on the edge of your seat right now (which I'm sure you're not), I'll be back soon, back to excite (or bore) you.

And I love these 'I love' things, I should do them more often.

(all of the things above I love in a non-romantic way, just to make that clear [inside joke])

-Megan

7 comments:

  1. Cool post! I don't think it was weird at all. Hey, have you read the Amazing Days of Abby Hayes books by Anne Mazer, I thought they were really good. I think I read them when I was younger though, but they're still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Lol. :-)
    ~Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how the book returning thing is. :P But with writing . . . I go crazy one month and the next I'm stuck. Though I'm getting back into the writing mood again.

    Happy writing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on the edge of my seat as I read this, because that's how I usually sit when I'm reading/writing something online. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. iGirl: I've read a couple of pages of the Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, it was really cute. Anne Mazer is such an amazing writer, especially her and Ellen Potter's writing book Spilling Ink.

    Storyfingers: *smiles* Your comment brings me joy :)

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite part of your post: the girls that go crazy over Justin Bieber. haha So... you laugh at them too? ;)

    ~Kaycee Lee~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaycee Lee: Oh yes, this whole Justin Bieber thing is just endless laughter for me, my sister, and all of our friends. ;)

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.