Because I finally achieved it

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I had been wanting to draw people all my life, but it just never worked. I didn't know what I was doing wrong, but whenever I tried to draw a person I totally failed. 


Yesterday, I tried again. What happened brought me extreme joy:
Yes, her neck is longer then your average person, yes her hands are looking kind of weird, and yes, I did date it 12.14.2011 (the year's not my problem, it's the month!), and yes, her eyes are kind of... not straight, but I'm proud of what I did. Seriously, I've wanted to do this since I knew what drawing was. 

And guess what? I achieved it because I stayed focused and I didn't give up, because I knew what I wanted to do, and I wasn't going to let myself give up.

And now I can show people what my characters look like, because I can create them not only in my mind, in my words, but also with lines.

Don't ever let yourself tell you that you can't do it--because you can, you just have to find the strength inside yourself.

-Megan

7 comments:

  1. Awesome drawing! I love you quote- it's so true.

    Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! It's always so much fun to make something you're proud of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol awesome! :D Looks great. Better then anything I could do!

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone told me that you made their blog button. Do you still do blog buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan, your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. *loud applesauce* (yes, I spelled that wrong on purpose. :)

    Your "attempt" turned out great. Ack - I tried my thumb at drawing yesterday.

    Oh, the piece of paper I used? It's in the trash. *sighs*

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.