Editing... Oh the joy.

Friday, December 3, 2010

A couple of days ago I began to edit my Novel from NaNoWriMo. It's amazing to go back and begin to read if from the beginning for the first time. It's kind of like reading a book that some one's told you what happened, but you'v never actually read it. So you know what's going to happen, you just don't know how or the details. 


Of course, I couldn't start editing with out taking some pictures!
My poor tattered and torn folder

I do my editing in purple, not red. Because purple is cheery and says "good job, but you need to fix this". But red is angry and says "WRONG!"

Did I even mention that I have been listening to this Britt Nicole CD every single day since November 1st? I've got all the songs memorized and if I'm listening to it without doing anything, I can remember parts of my novel that I wrote while listening to that song. Yeah, it's pretty weird.


If you write almost about half a package of paper in 30 days, wouldn't you consider that a win even if you didn't actually win? Yeah, me too. 

I look so happy :) I was also very excited to finally get editing!

Page #1

Sure, read my sticky note and the surrounding words, try to figure out what's happening!

I was SO tired at this point

Why did I underline 'already doing so' on the computer? Because today I got a NaNoWriMo e-mail saying that 'it's time to begin editing' and I said to myself, 'Already doing so', and then while looking through my photos, I found that phrase in my writing, and it made me smile!

I encourage any other NaNo-ers to take pictures while they are editing and share them with the blogging world!



post signature

8 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You must've worked a lot on that novel!! Can I read it when you're done editing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like your having fun... :-) Love your new design. :-)
    ~Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! And I love the new design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pictures, Megan! And it looks like you're having fun. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures! cool that you like writing too! :) and I LOVE Britt Nicole too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan,
    I'm K. I'm really liking no, LOVING your blog.

    I am now a follower.

    K

    P.s. my blog is sillygirl26.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, Megan! We put up allll of our Christmas decorations last Saturday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Looks like you're havin' fun! :D I love random little pictures like this. Makes me feel like I know you a little more. :DD

    xx ,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.