Harry Potter plus Fire equals Sadness

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Okay, so although this story is pretty funny, it is also pretty upsetting... 


So, me and about 8 of my friends have all planned to go see the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 midnight premiere at our local movie theater. We were super excited because we thought we would have to drive about 45 min. plus pay $8 for tickets, but at our theater here in town, it's 5 min. and only $6. The premiere is tonight at 12 midnight (technically, friday morning...), so yesterday we were all like screaming with excitement.


As we are eating lunch at classes Melissa's brother comes in and says 'the theater burned down', at first we didn't believe him at all, I mean how far fetched is that? But after calling Melissa's Aunt and our mom, and Jozie looked it up online, we find out the truth... It really did burn down! We were so upset!! Well, it didn't actually burn to the ground, but the equipment is what caught fire, and there was a lot of water damage from all the water they used to put the fire out. It just had to choose the day before Harry Potter came out to catch fire!


Thankfully, we will still get to see it in theaters, even if it isn't the premiere. We are going to go on Saturday to the theater that's 45 min. away, and we are going to pay $8 for out tickets. I guess I should be counting my blessings, at least we actually still get to see it, and at least we don't have to pay $25, like the tickets costs in the big cities (no joke). 




---

On a happier note, I'm on track for NaNoWriMo. It's so amazing because once you get to the 30,000's (which is where I am now) it get's so much easier then week 2!!

(just a small note, on the 3rd, I accidentally entered the wrong number, and on the 7th, I forgot to enter my word count for the day) ;)

----
As of photography... Here are a few of my recent pictures:








5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Wow, 30,000 words?! Keep writing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the theater, was anyone hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last photo! Yea, I live in Chicago and some of the tickets in the fancy theaters cost over 20 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kendra: Thanks! ;)

    @ igirl: Nope, everyone is fine, no one was actually in the building when it happened.

    @ Kiki:I know, it's so crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness, congrats on your word count!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.