*Deep Breath* NaNoWriMo For Real

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I changed my mind--I'm not going to do YWP NaNoWriMo anymore.


I'm going to do the REAL NaNoWriMo. It's for real now. 
When I did the YWP last year it was hard, really, hard. But then I didn't even know what it was until a few days before it started. But now, I feel as if I'm ready to do this, like I CAN do this.


Here's how it happened. Olive Tree posted about how she was going to do NaNoWriMo. And I was like... wow. She's only 14 and she's going to do this. Maybe I can do it too. 


I walked up to my room and thought... I'm GOING to do this. I decided to grab a notebook and start thinking of ideas for my Novel, I also grabbed my favorite writing book: Writing Magic by: Gail Carson Levine. I opened to a random page. It was a page that had writing ideas on it. The first one I saw was:


"write about an unpopular girl at an all girl's boarding school" 


I'm not kidding--my mouth dropped open. 


I knew I wanted my book to be about a girl named Maggie Blake, but other then that I had no ideas. Just when I decide to do the real NaNo, I get an idea.


This is why I've decided to do the real NaNo.


Because I have an idea, and God gave it to me. I trust him.


If you want to learn even more about my book you can click on This Link, to view my NaNo page.




If you are a fellow NaNo writer, you can add me as your buddy! :)






1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan! I am also doing NaNoWriMo this year! I sent you a buddy request. My username is Pollytoad. :)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.