Vintage

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hey! Sorry for not posting in a while, I was at my friend's house friday, and then I was at the state fair all day saturday, and on sunday I was recovering from saturday... wow. Busy weekend! 
---
Okay, the story goes... Our landlord gave us a bunch of yarn and craft supplies that belonged to someone he was related to {I think... I don't know the whole story} Anyway, we got some old lady's craft stuff. I went through everything in the spring when he gave it to us. The whole time I was looking at it I kept thinking "this is so Cool! this stuff if really old!" Both is true. I went through the boxes last night again. In one of the boxes there were some cross stitch patterns in some old envelopes--Coolest thing ever! Take a look:
{5 cents! wow.}

{New york?!}

{Cool!!}

{total vintage look}

{March 9th 1965!!}

{I really like this one}

{stamps were so cool!}

{even the back of them looks awesome!}

{A tad rusty!}
Is that the coolest thing or what?!
By finding bits and pieces of things I've found a little bit about this lady: I think she worked at the bank, her name was something weird that I can't remember, she was sick and got 90 get well cards that are in a really thick notebook, SHE LOVED DOING CRAFTS!
I kind of felt like Mandie and Nancy Drew going through the stuff and learning about this lady, It's really cool!

Stuff was also really cheap back then... Some really large sheets of that plastic cross stitch stuff old cost like 60 cents!



Well, I hope you've enjoyed my 'Vintage photos' I'm going to get working on my design orders! :)




3 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! Glad you stopped by my blog. :-) Thanks for joining us in the crochet-along for Romania! Please keep me updated on your progress so we can know when we reach our goal. May God bless you as you help bless others. :-) Have a wonderful day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I just read the first Mandie books and I love them!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.